About Sci-Fi Movie Night
Thanks for visiting Sci-Fi Movie Night, a blog that lives and breathes science fiction. Sci-Fi Movie Night was established in 2014 with the hope of becoming a premiere source for sci-fi movie news, reviews, and general commentary. Yeah, we have a long way to go. But our spirits our high!
If you’re unsure as to what you’ll find at this website, here’s a very basic rundown:
- Reviews of sci-fi/fantasy/horror movies as they become theatrically released.
- Movie news pertaining to anything related to sci-fi, fantasy, or horror.
- The occasional feature story, like a “best of” list or a “what happened to that?” article.
- Whatever else is worth talking about (and related to–you guessed it!–sci-fi movies)
About Sci-Fi Movie Night Reviews
Movie reviews are usually posted a week after their theatrical release, sometime a *pinch* longer than that. At this time, we don’t have a screening pass for any theaters nearby, so we can’t actually see movies until they’re available for the general public. If we aren’t able to review a notable sci-fi movie in a timely fashion (AKA within two weeks), an aggregated review article will be posted instead.
Reviews are given a score out of four–one star meaning that the film is crap and you shouldn’t waste your time with it, and four stars meaning that the film is awesome and OH MY GOD WHY HAVEN’T YOU SEEN IT YET WHAT’S WRONG WITH YOU. Everything in between those two polar ends is up for interpretation. Ok, fine. Here’s how we rate the films:
- The film is garbage. Avoid at all costs.
- The film is pretty worthless, but there’s at least one thing that it does well.
- The film is spectacularly average, and you may want to give it a rental.
- The film isn’t necessarily good, but it may be worth watching.
- The film is good. Just good. Like, it’s good, man.
- The film is rather excellent, and you should check it out.
- SERIOUSLY DUDE WHY HAVEN’T USE SEEN THIS AMAZING FILM YET
All movies are assessed on an initial viewing, and we reserve the right to change our opinions later on (as in, with the Podcast). So please, don’t accuse us of being inconsistent–we’re humans too, ya know.
Who’s behind this site?
Sci-Fi Movie Night is run by writer, blogger and Sci-Fi fan Sam Islam. He graduated from Washington State University in 2009 with a BA in Communications, and currently lives in Vancouver, WA with his wife and his dog, Gonzo.